Resources for Survivors of Domestic Abuse and Violence
Support for You
- Womens Aid provides advice and support services to abused women and their children. 24hr Helpline - 0808 2000 247
- Mind offers information on panic attacks, anxiety and coping after Domestic Violence and more.
- Samaritans offer 24 hour confidential emotional support - Phoneline - 08457 90 90 90
- Freedom Programme online: an empowering course for survivors of domestic abuse and violence.
- Freedom Programme nationwide: join a group and meet like minded people.
Children and Young People
- Young Minds works to improve the emotional and mental wellbeing of children - Helpline – 0808 802 5544.
- Young Women's Trust supports girls and women as they take control of their lives.
- Barnados works with children who have lived with domestic violence in their home.
- The Hideout is a website for children and young people living with Domestic Violence.
- Get Connected offers free confidential help for under 25 year olds.
- Chinese Information & Advice Centre supports families in the UK Chinese community who are struggling or are in distress.
- East European Advice Centre offers advice for Eastern Europeans in Polish and Russian.
- The Jewish Womens Aid provides support to Jewish women and their children - Helpline - 0808 801 0500.
- The Muslim Community Helpline serves the UK Muslim Community.
- Southall Black Sisters offers a resource centre for Asian and African Caribbean women.
Male Survivors of Domestic Abuse
- Mankind offers emotional support and practical information for men suffering abuse - Helpline - 01823 334 244.
- Mens Advice Line also offers advice and support for men in abusive relationships - Helpline - 0808 801 0327.
- The National Centre for Domestic Violence provides free fast emergency services.
Money and Debt
- Family Action can offer Welfare Grants for clothing and general household needs
- Child Maintenance Options is a free and confidential service to help children maintenance work for you
- Shelter offers free housing advice - Helpline - 0808 800 4444
- Adviceguide from the Citizens Advice Burea, gives information on help with your rent
- Child Contact Centres provide safe places where children can spend time with the non-resident parent
- The Family Rights Group advises parents whose children are in care - Helpline - 0808 801 0366
- Rights of Women offers free legal advice - Advice line - 020 7251 6577 - Sexual Advice Line - 020 7251 8887
- Hot Peach Pages is an international directory of domestic violence agencies
- Rape Crisis provides information about rape and sexual violence and details of your nearest Centre if you need support
Cover your tracks
Please be careful if you are accessing any of the websites above from a computer that your abuser has access to. Many of the sites contain information on actions that can be taken to minimize the chance that access might be discovered. For example SingleParents.org.uk has a 'Cover Your Tracks' button at the top of all pages which has helpful advice and information about how to protect your privacy online.