Single parents still under attack
In 2014, SPAN began a campaign about the threatening calls and letters being received by single parents. We collected over 1200 signatures and many comments (see below)
Our own brush with austerity means we're unable to carry on this fight. But you can! Contact your MP via theyworkforyou. Thank you to everyone who got involved.
- Jonathan Taylor TOTNES, ENG 1 day ago
Private corporations cannot priorize citizens' wellbeing when they have to make a profit. Only our elected representatives and their employees are in a position to do that; please stop supporting this abuse of vulnerable parents and do what we pay you to do.
- Jenna Stobbs HARROGATE, ENG
This is disgusting. I recently received a letter from them having to provide payslips from every employer for myself and my husband. The government needs to sort itself out.
- sarah Teece KNARESBOROUGH, ENG
I too have had a letter from this company with no reason why. It's very distressing and there are plenty of people on independent forums, sites and the mainstream media discussing their questionable methods.
- Marcin Fereczkowski LEEDS, UNITED KINGDOM
I expect to be treated with respect and dignity.
- Linda Phillips BRANTREE, UNITED KINGDOM
Concentrix are a call centre operation primarily and as such should not be given sensitive information, nor, make ill informed decisions on single parent families incomes!
- Hannah Duhig PETERBOROUGH, UNITED KINGDOM
I've received one of these letters.... They are bullys! !!
- Michelle heath LONDONDERRY, NIR
Worried. Not liking the letter I received.
- Martin Thornberry CLARBESTON ROAD, UNITED KINGDOM
The nature of the letters sent out is accusatory. Not evidence based. Wholly innapropriate.
- sam pugh PRESTON, UNITED KINGDOM
I've lived as a single parent... An declared a partner moving in when I was supposed to ... But I'm still being persecuted by these people you like to intrude in to your life and cause unnecessary stress . It's disgraceful .
- Asa Steele BARNSLEY, UNITED KINGDOM
I am going to have to buy a printer in order to print off my payslips and an L17 form I've received via email. The cost of the call via my virgin phone line also annoys me as does the postage costs and the lack of privacy with these things - I wonder whether the data protection act is operational when you're an individual - felt treated like a criminal
- Sarah Matheou HUCCLECOTE, UNITED KINGDOM
my sister has suffered under the benefits system for years and been caused so much additional stress and pain whilst trying to deal a very debilitating illness. It has affected her life so much, and finally a letter from Concentrix today had her in a real state of distress and fear. This approach will not catch criminals - they are not bothered by letters like this and are very good at fabricating evidence (I know because I've been on the receiving end of fraudsters).
- Christopher Bailey HOLLAND-ON-SEA, UNITED KINGDOM
This is deplorable and intimidating practice. Treating single parents as criminals is not acceptable. The onus should be on the government to prove guilt. Not the individual to prove innocence.
- Jim Palmer WOODLEY, UNITED KINGDOM
I know a lot of working parents who are single, with no other support, being intimidated and bullied by 'Nazi-like' administration.
- Christina Holland MILTON KEYNES, UNITED KINGDOM
As a single parent, I'm fed up of being made out to be a criminal for putting my children's needs first. We need support to do our jobs well, not this constant bashing
- Carole Gibbs MAIDS MORETON, UNITED KINGDOM
I too have received letter and feel the tone is very accusing
- loretta cutajar MIDDLESBROUGH, UNITED KINGDOM
They are difficult to get hold of and their tone is threatening especially since I have nothing to hide but they insinuate I'm doing something criminal or fraudulent.
- stephanie lloyd HOVE, ENG
The onus is on THEM to prove you are guilty. They could offer me no explanation as to why I am being investigated. Literally nothing on the system to suggest why yet I still had to comply? The company is paid in relation to the amount of money they 'save' HMRC which tells you everything you need to know about their motives...
- Lesley Whale NUNEATON, UNITED KINGDOM
I've received a letter from concentrix that upset me greatly.
- samantha south MANCHESTER, ENG
i too have just had the letter from concentrix
- David Robinson LONDON, ENG
The Disabled and Self Employed have also been targeted but this multi billion dollar company. (I'm hard working and honest and trying to earn a living and being held to ransom by HMRC and Concentrix is like having a life jacket that a has a hole in it)
- anneli smitham CAERPHILLY, UNITED KINGDOM
ive received a threatening letter
- Andrea Lagunas WATFORD, UNITED KINGDOM
Its morally wrong to accuse people of wrong doing without real evidence. NOT HAPPY having to send my very personal info to s PO Box!
- Theresa Geldard CHILHAM, UNITED KINGDOM
received a letter from Concentrix, threatening, i live alone with daughters,
- Mahrosh malik LONDON, ENG
concentrix is a company who is bullying mums with special needs children.
- rupert douglas LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
concentrix are absolutely useless
- Nicola Stacey ASHFORD, UNITED KINGDOM
The government are harsh with lower working families and this is wrong in what they are allowing this company to do.
- Liza O'Gorman ASHFORD, UNITED KINGDOM
I have to send all the following information dating from April 2014 to April 2015 :- Bank statements, mortgage / rent agreement, council tax statement, list of who lives at my address and our relationship, court solicitor letters (For divorce / separation) , gas , electric, water, phone bills, loan/credit/store card statements, child support arrangments, maintenace arrangements, all documents from homeoffice. All have to be originals !! Why should I have to send all of this personal data to a company I have never heard of particularly as I never had to send this amount to the Tax office themselves ?!! I do NOT have or live with a partner as they state . Will all this information prove that ? NO !
- Kelly Collins WITTERSHAM, UNITED KINGDOM
I want to be
- Liza O'Gorman ASHFORD, UNITED KINGDOM
Accused of living with a partner , even though I have lived alone with my children since 1996 !
- Polly Dunkerton WARWICKSHIRE, ENG
What is being asked of us is ridiculous. We are not criminals.
- Julia Ward DODFORD, UNITED KINGDOM
I am a single parent and have received a letter from Concentrix telling me that they have information to suggest that I am living with another adult- I am not. They have asked me to send them personal documents and have told me that my payments will stop if I do not reply by the 20/6/15! This is outrageous. Firstly why has the HMRC outsourced an overseas company to do this work? And for someone like myself who is honest and law abiding and submit an truthful annual declaration to the HMRC this is very upsetting...let alone a waste of taxpayers money!
- KAY MARTIN PRESCOT, UNITED KINGDOM
I think it is disgusting and inhumane, attacking those on low incomes, instead of the millionare tax dodgers (david camerons mates) The reason why this country will never change under a tory government
- carina wilders CAMBRIDGE, UNITED KINGDOM
i got the letter but i am not a single parent so it does happen to people who are married and actually work for a living it disgusts me. i use that money for my children
- Munavara Shah LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
Concentrix is a company which is entirely unaccountable for its actions & inactions. I am left with a potential overpayment of tax credits after concentrix failed to contact hmrc about a change in my circumstances even when they insisted they would. They admit their mistake, but will they reimburse me the overpayment? No. Appalling company.
- Susan Colclough BLYTHE BRIDGE, ENG
I don t agree a private US firm should be outsourced in this way using peoples personal data , and affecting their lives. single mums are struggling because of Concentrix phishing emails and accusations They are poorly trained and inefficient, this is a disgrace to the lower paid and young working mums. Shame!!!!
- Jeanine crisp HELSTON, UNITED KINGDOM
Very distressed at the letter I was sent. Have worked with the same firm for 14 years and the same hours. HMRC know how much I earn as they contact my employer directly. Object having to send a years pay checks through the post, also I haven't got my Renewal notice back.
- Ian Scott NEWCASTLE, UNITED KINGDOM
I have received a letter wanting to know my whole life for past year because they claim to have information another adult is living with me, yet they sent it to my old address. I now have to get a mountain of paperwork to them that is an invasion of my privacy and wouldn't even prove anything.
- emma cox KIDLINGTON, UNITED KINGDOM
They made me feel like a criminal and scared me with a letter about a £3,000 fine because I didn't tell hmrc about an extra 3 hours work!!
- Donna Stewart ABERDEEN, UNITED KINGDOM
I'm signing because I myself just yesterday received one of these letters. It asked for pay slips from last April till this April and evidence of how many hours I work per week. They have caused me stress and have made me feel like a criminal.
- Anthony Harper STOKE-ON-TRENT, ENG
Concentrix to my understanding have no statatury powers with regard to tax matters.
- Concentrix are a U.S. outsourcing company with a U.K. Head office in Belfast. They are not HMRC & they have no lawful remit to pry into individuals, tax affairs & I urge people to remind them of this fact & refer all matters direct to HMRC cutting out the corporate middlemen
- tracey warner RUGELEY, ENG
The way these letters are worded is disgusting and intimidating to vulnerable people. Ive received one and it is not nice for them to infer you are claiming incorrectly when you know you are not. I had to send in 120 pages of documents for 12 months at my own cost so not only am I out of pocket, they are also not environmentally friendly considering they are working for the government. At the very least they should change the wording in the letters and just ask for what is necessary as I cant see what my store and credit card statements have got to do with me proving im a single parent!
- Rhonda Lovell TAUNTON, UNITED KINGDOM
this is an infringement on my civil liberties and privacy
- Amelia Fraser GLASGOW, SCT
I am a single parent and I don't believe that they should be delving into our private lives. Why should they know exactly what you spend your money on? My money gets spent on my bills and on my daughter's activity requirements!!!!
- Kelly Muir KINNEFF, SCT
The amount of single mothers being targeted by this is disgraceful! I am watching it literally ruin lives
- cheryll evans CUDWORTH, UNITED KINGDOM
the contents of this letter are threatening and uncalled for
- veronica ward WALSALL, UNITED KINGDOM
In spite of having all my details that I am registered as self employed as a carer they have still requested information from me that I can't possibly give because I simply don't have what they are asking for. They obviously don't know about the qualifying care relief.
- leanne harper BIRKENHEAD, UNITED KINGDOM
These letters have cause great stress and anxiety for Me and my Partner.
- Worrying about Fined and feeding my children, so worrying
- Nicola Trevor GREATER LONDON
This behaviour is simply wrong.
- Amarjit kaur BIRMINGHAM, UNITED KINGDOM
I got a letter frim concentrix saying they thought that I had another adult living with me. Have been single for9 years and brought up 3 kids on my own since then! So why do they need to see all of my personal information to prove their false accusations???
- Helen Isgrove BLACKWOOD, WLS 14 days ago Like 1I have received a very poorly worded letter telling me they think my childcare payments might be wrong, despite me informing HMRC through the year when they went both up and down.. I work hard to provide for my children and feel very victimised for being a single mum who works - Maybe being a full time working mum and bringing up 3 year old twins seems implausible? Indeed I even shock myself with how well I cope sometimes!! Stop targeting the hard working, maybe you could spend tax payers money chasing their father for CSA instead ....
- Penny Ward AIRDRIE, SCT 14 days ago Like 1I've also received a threatening letter. Simply for still having to use 'Mrs' until my divorce is final. One child lives with me, two children continue to live with my estranged husband, from whom I separated 3 and a half years ago. Needless to say, he has not received a threatening letter from them. I am also lodging formal complaints with Concentrix and HMRC, as well as making subject access requests under the Data Protection Act. Copies of my complaint will also be sent to my local MP, Welfare Rights Advisers, Citizens Advice Bureau and Women's Rights organisations. HMRC are well aware of the origin of my single claim, at the time it took 5 months to get the claim changed to my name. They are fully aware my estranged husband continued to claim for the other two children. This bullying and threatening behaviour by an organisation who is clearly incompetent and negligent is unacceptable. Read The Independent newspapers article on Concentrix from February this year which states that Concentrix employees admit that allegations are made without looking at information and are under pressure to open 40 to 50 claims a day.
- Matthew Gadd FLEET, ENG
Disgraceful behaviour from this company!
- Lorna Gadd SCUNTHORPE, ENG
I receuived this mail today and was concerned it wasnt official as it had various details wrong. I rang HMRC who told me it was and told me to ring them to give them the correct details.. I did and was appalled by their manner. I am self employed and disabled and have to prove how many hours a week I work, they also were extremeley rude about my husbands title. They want me to send all details of my orders and sales including customer details (which in the UK is against the law)
- audrey macintyre NEWTOWNABBEY, UNITED KINGDOM
I have received a letter threatening to
- stop my tax credits if i dont send childcare receipts that i do not even have.
- Carolyn Magowan BELFAST, NIR
It's a disgrace that anyone never mind a single parent is being harassed like this when thousands are fiddling the system not to mention politicians!
- Amanda Astley Jones MONMOUTH, UNITED KINGDOM
Because I am a single parent raising 3 children alone and have been since my divorce over 15 years ago and have received a threatening letter 'with information' that I am 'living with another adult' and should have made a joint claim... Completely incorrect, very distressing and plain wrong on SO many levels!
- Charlotte Tarskikh TRING, UNITED KINGDOM
I have been falsely accused by Concentrix of wrongly claiming and threatened with prosecution! I would be interested to see the 'evidence' they have against me- but perhaps they are not really interested in evidence, just frightening people off tax credits in order to earn payment by results. If so, this unethical practice needs to be challenged.
- anne parkinson WALLSEND, UNITED KINGDOM
Targeting people who are trying to do their best with having to panic about their money and whether it will be stopped. If my money was stopped even for a month then i would not be able to catch up.
- Jade Mitchener HOLBURY, UNITED KINGDOM
This is an utter joke
- Talulah Miers BRIGHTON, ENG
- Louise Butler WREXHAM, UNITED KINGDOM
I am of a hard working family and also on a low basic income, the threatening letter I have received is bringing my honesty into question and seems to be only one way out, credit cuts, which as a father of three children is necessary in a single wage household.
- Stephanie Dickinson COVENTRY, UNITED KINGDOM
I to have become a victim of this letter that requires very personal in depth information with no information or clue to whom I am supposed to be living with. In cases like this it should work both ways, if they name the person at least you have some idea where the mislead information has occurred. What happens if my documents go missing with bank account details on and credit card details and my decree absolute. If its my x husband they suspect as being the other adult living with me then they will be in shock when I send a death certificate to prove he re married and died two years ago! I'm puzzled to whom this adult is! I have no problem in giving the information but don't like the thought of sending them, would rather a home visit for them to look at the info they need to prove i'm single.
- Helen Crunkhurn GRIMSBY, UNITED KINGDOM
It wasn't long ago I saw a article about a pre paid debit card for people on benefits, is this the way the government are going to check we are spending our money wisely? Cos how do a year's bank statements prove you live alone
- Julie Hornsby DENBY DALE, UNITED KINGDOM
Concentric as an agenda and that is to claw back money from the poor to give to hmrc
- sarah Tranter PLYMOUTH, UNITED KINGDOM
I have spent 4 months of this year worrying because of these people!
- emma morgan ABERDARE, UNITED KINGDOM
Why has another company got to get involved with hmrc and yet again its the tax payers who lose out has the company will make millions from hmrc
- Beverley Lindley DONCASTER
Asking for personal information, gas, electric, water, phone bills, bank statements rental agreements and council tax statement. What has this information got to do with them? why is it relevant to my case? All they need to know is who resides at my home address. How dare they accuse people of defrauding the system without any proof what so ever!
- Alison Jones LUDLOW, ENG
Concentrix should be shut down its bullying behaviour to those who already vulnerable.
- Emma Buchanan CLAYTON LE MOORS, UNITED KINGDOM
I have also received a letter asking for a lot of info, 12 months bank statements etc saying i am living with someone when i have lives alone for 8 years
- Kevin Cooke STEVENAGE, UNITED KINGDOM
I am sick to death of public money being spent on companies who cannot & do not follow the rules.
- This kind of blanket accusation is cynical & very probably illegal to boot, the intention is simply to put people off claiming or to raise doubts about their entitlement, if they have gorunds for suspecting something is wriong with a claim then be clear about it & be clear about what is needed from the claimant, if your staff can't cope with the questions then get staff who can or hold off on sending out your letters until they are sufficiently trained. Yet another example of Tory government attack on people claiming what they are entitled to. I hope those who voted for these self serving leaches are proud of themselves.
- bella smyth WILTS, UNITED KINGDOM
I got this letter and been a single mum for 11 years after my ex broke my back.I would never ever have another relationship till the day i die
- Sharon Brenham FAIRWARP, UNITED KINGDOM
I received a letter from this place and it has caused me so much stress trying to deal with it.
- Tina Cook CHESTER, UNITED KINGDOM
Disgusted at the amount of personal information required by a private company. Panicked at wording in letter, phone call to them asking for information 'systems updating' and be told it could be as simple as a letter sent to your address in someone elses name. HM Revenues themselves should require this, now worrying like mad as done my renewal like always and now I have this added worry
- Karen Smethurst SACRISTON, ENG
I have been through this twice now, once to prove I was single and once to prove my costs. Why am I, as a single parent, singled out and in effect labelled as a cheat when I am no such thing. The letters are accusing in their tone and did nothing to help my anxiety. I honestly feared my payments would be axed even though I had done nothing wrong
- Kamer Hassan LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
They are not professional and are cutting benefits with no proof.
- Suzy Currell CONSTANTINE, UNITED KINGDOM
I totally support this petition and have signed; however, I have to say that, although the letters I received from Concentrix (which were solely about childcare) were ineffcicient (they asked me for my childcare documentation in 2 hits, and got the figures wrong), extremely badly phrased and seemed vaguely threatening, I did get through to a helpful, friendly person on the phone much faster than it normally takes on the main tax credits phoneline. Also, anyone claiming childcare tax credits should know they have to keep all childcare receipts, as HMRC themselves have always done random checks. I'm not pro outsourcing of HMRC's workload to for-profit companies at all, but felt I had to be truthful about my experiences with Concentrix.
- Lisa Mathers NOTTINGHAM, ENG
im signing because I've had a letter of them made my depression worse
- Stephen Mathers CARLTON, ENG
i have witnessed someone who became so distressed by these unfounded allegation letters that they became suicidal
- I do not believe in any form of benefit fraud but we are or should be a fair society companies doing this for profit are not fair but try to impress to make more money
- leanne ackers PRESTON, UNITED KINGDOM
put me though stress
- Carolyn Gallagher GLASGOW, UNITED KINGDOM
It's true and unfair
- Stephen Leonard RUTHERGLEN, SCT
Hounding people for profit is immoral.
- Kari Askey LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
I think some services should not be privatised & I don't like the way Concentrix are conducting their business causing unnecessary distress. Being a single parent has it's own challenged without further upset needed
- leo guest HASTINGS, ENG
I was one of the thousands of single parent mothers who recieved a letter accusing me of being in a relationship, and requesting a huge amount of documentation containing confidential information to be sent through the post., at very short notice. I was told that Concentrix would be writing to me with regards to my claim and I still haven't had a response some months later.
- It has been unnecessary to put me through so much stress. When I did speak to someone to ask how or why they thought i was in a relationship, they told me they couldnt say.
- I am disgusted by all of it.What a huge waste of everyones time, money and energy.
- Lauren McClemont EAGLESHAM, UNITED KINGDOM
It is abhorrent that companies can make profit out of austerity. People have to be supported out of benefits and not made to feel like criminals. It is a shocking way for a civilized nation to act.
- Ruth Lawson EAST KILBRIDE, SCT
I believe the supposed evidence is a fabrication made by Concentrix in an attempt to harass claimants and the legality of this issue is highly questionable.
- Lizzie Brown COSSALL, ENG
Inept staff, inept policies and non-transparency doesn't amount to much. People deserve better than Concentrix. Con - cen - tricks?
- nicole kelleher LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
I have received one of these ghastly letters.
- Playing the waiting game not knowing whether they decide I am going to receive benefits or not, my life is in their hands. at least I have got off my ..... and got a job and am not sponging off the govt while sitting at home. Its a disgrace. If they stop m benefits I am going to end up back on the dole.
- Kelly Thompson KIRTON, UNITED KINGDOM
I'm signing because my friend received a letter from concentrix and has found it very distressing . The way it's worded is basically accusing them of something
- Mira Belle TOTNES, UNITED KINGDOM
I'm disgusted that private US company is being paid by UK government to make life harder for people on low incomes! Really?? Is this a priority for our country?
- Nadine Masseron WOKINGHAM, UNITED KINGDOM
I received one of these distressing letters and feel companies such as this should be closely scrutinused as they appear to act outside the law.
- Helen Sheard LEAMINGTON SPA, ENG
I'm sick of these vile welfare reforms while the elite divide and conquer this country!!!
- Jonny English DEWSBURY, UNITED KINGDOM
Looks like the government is wasting money- using these external sources. Who are then so pathetic going out of their way to look good and causing everyone grief and stress. I think HMRC should continue with dealing with their own matters as they did before. WHAT IS THE NEED - apart from wasting money
- Joanne rome ANNAN, UNITED KINGDOM
They are making me feel vilated. I think what they are doing to single parents is wrong.
- Sandra lees PLYMOUTH, UNITED KINGDOM
- Katherine Carver GLOSSOP, ENG
I met someone the other day who had this happen to them. It is outrageous. She had two children, one only one year old and no prospect of any money for up to the 12 weeks it might take for HMRC to decide on her appeal. Guilty until proven innocence !
- sue jefferies BRISTOL, UNITED KINGDOM
I'm one of the single parents who have been accused of living with my neighbour!
- James Richardson LINCOLN, UNITED KINGDOM
This is a disgrace
- Janet Icely MANCHESTER, ENG
This is not joined up government in that full information about what they are required to do, such ss keep receipts, is paramount. The MP responsible needs to carry the can and do what is necessary for vulnerable families caught in this situation.
- Rebecca Waclawyj LONDON, ENG
It's an abomination!
- lee Palmer INSKIP, ENG
I have been sent a threatening letter, where if i didnt respond within 14 days then my credits would be stoped. I have contacted them and was told that if i did not comply then i faced large penalties, upto £3000.
- Kevin Simpson CARMARTHEN, WALES
I call out "Concentrix" as thieves of public money. No more for profit organizations taking public funds!
- lucy ward LEWES, ENG
This is unacceptable
- Michelle Omahoney LONDON, ENG
This is outrageous
- Sandra von Haselberg LONDON, ENG
... Because it's an outrage.
- Angela Bruist ABERGAVENNY, WLS
Concentric Corporation should comply with H.M.R.C.
- code of practice, and H.M.R.C., as their employer should ensure that they do so, and if the are not complying, sac them! The vast majority of single parents are doing very good job raising their children, sometimes under very difficult circumstances, and deserve to be applauded for their efforts. The slur implied by this blanket mailing is unacceptable.
- Angel Power WARWICK, UNITED KINGDOM
Many reason the main one's being that's it's inhumanity and foul play, not to say a bad use money which is apparently hard to come by!!! This is disgusting! Truly appaling
- Marvlon Gardener EDMONTON, LONDON, ENG
Its true. I'm a childminder and some of my single parents worry themselves sick when they receive these letters. It's all wrong!
- Kerry Barker LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
Children need their parents around.
- Jenny Allen LITTLE NESTON, UNITED KINGDOM
Vulnerable people need support, not harassment.
- Naomi Standen BIRMINGHAM, ENG
I was the child of a single parent. Bullying by companies is not a good look.
- Faith Pallett SWANSEA, WLS
- Ruth Cooke BRIGHTON, ENG
Yet more bullying behaviour by an increasingly callous State
- Dominique Murray LONDON, ENG
Yet again the poorest are being bullied and intimidated. Why does your dept think it can get away with this behaviour?
- raga woods OXFORD, UNITED KINGDOM
Children need happy parents. ...any attempt to undermine single parents by causing stress undermines the rights of all children.
- SJ Roberts MANCHESTER, UNITED KINGDOM
All members of our society should be treated fair and equal. This kind of action is both in-neccesary and bullying. Please start acting humane and prosecuting tax avoiders rather than single parents who are struggling.
- Sarah Williams WATCHET, UNITED KINGDOM
My sister had an awful experience with them- disgraceful, rude and ignorant with no answers for her just a script that they kept repeating and threatened her with court Action and ultimately jail if she didn't produce receipts for last school year to support a claim of £10 per month
- karena pattison-smith EASTBOURNE, UNITED KINGDOM
I am a single parent
- Jo Worsley HOVE, ENG
I grew up in a single parent family. This is bullying.
- Ezme Riley BRISTOL, UNITED KINGDOM
This is scandalous!!!!
- Stop punishing the vunerable....:
- Dee Ashton SHEFFIELD, UNITED KINGDOM
I know how stressful it can be to be a single parent.
- Paul Arvidson TAUNTON, ENG 25 days ago Like 1This is insidious picking on vunerable people by proxy. It should stop now. My tax payers money should not be being spent on this. Chase rich folk in tax havens and make profits earned in the UK be taxed in the UK.
- Laura Chapman MANCHESTER, UNITED KINGDOM
This is a grossly disproportionate response to a largely imagined problem.
- kristin mojsiewicz GLASGOW, SCT
this is disgraceful, hostile behaviour. Why are single parents being targeted and punished? because the Tory mantra is that heterosexual marriage is the only foundation they are willing to support.
- Rosie Rainbow CREDITON, ENG
- Peter Balcon HOLT, ENG
I am an advisor with the Citizens Advice Bureau and we see many cases of the distress caused by agencies working 'on behalf of' the government. Often appalling, uncaring, and a good way of the government avoiding blame for hostile policy actions!
- Brynneth Brown GLOUCESTER, UNITED KINGDOM
assuming guilt and using threatening language is not an appropriate way to treat anyone. No doubt Concentrix are making a profit at the public expense whilst mistreating people and failing to provide proper information. it's not good enough.
- Emma Shelley YAXLEY, UNITED KINGDOM
I am a single parent who is struggling to work and support and bring up a family
- Ruth Douglas EXMOUTH, ENG
I'm a single parent.
- angela newman OSW., UNITED KINGDOM
I've had a letter from them and even with a literacy degree I am still left wondering if I did everything they wanted. They also dated the letter a good two weeks prior to my receiving it making a mockery of their timescale for me to react.
- Elaine Warnock GLASGOW, SCT
In support of my friends who are honest hard working single parents who are doing a magnificent job taking care of their children.
- Maggie Kelly YORK, UNITED KINGDOM
This practice is unfair punitive and discriminatory.....
- Janet Kane WYMONDHAM, ENG
I am opposed to the victimisation of single mothers who are just trying to the best thry can in difficult circumstances for their own children.
- Anne Taylor CORNWALL, UNITED KINGDOM
to stop this culture of cuts
- Elizabeth Head BISHOPS STORTFORD, UNITED KINGDOM
Because your business model has forgotten to factor in that fact that you deal with human lives and with that should come responsibility. Orwell and Kafka are not operating manuals.
- kellie keen BRISTOL, ENG
Enough is enough. This government needs to stop giving money to the unaccountable private sector to do their dirty work.
- Nina McGovern LONDON, ENG
I've had this happen to me and it made me nearly have a breakdown
- sarah Hatch TRURO, ENG
What happened to innocent until proven guilty?
- Sanchia Hylton-Smith EXETER, UNITED KINGDOM
Tax credits enable many single parents to work and are so important. This treatment is utterly despicable and withdrawal of benefit would result directly in more children living in poverty.
- Hannah Jackson READING, UNITED KINGDOM
My Mum was a working single parent, life is tough enough without companies like this bullying you.
- kay peaden HEXHAM, UNITED KINGDOM
This practice is contrary to social justice
- AMANDA BABCOCK NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, ENG
Yet another assault on the poor. Disgusting
- Joanne Scott SCARBOROUGH, UNITED KINGDOM
This could potentially apply to me
- Joanne Broadbent OLDHAM, ENG
This is yet another example of how people who don't know the system are not helped to navigate it, but have the system made so difficult they are effectively blocked from claiming what they are entitled to. And who suffers? Children.
- Katrina Byrne HOVE, ENG
Because private companies should not be capitalising single parents. Full Stop.
- Natasha Garner WISBECH, ENG
This effects me to as I'm a single parent
- Melanie English MIDDLEWICH, ENG
It's unreasonable and unecessary to treat recipients of tax credits in this way just because they are single parents. I thought we'd moved on from 20 years ago when single parents (of which I was one) were generally derided.
- Emilie Joy Rowell BRIGHTON, UNITED KINGDOM
Corporate interests are not serving communities in need.
- charles crellin SOUTHPORT, UNITED KINGDOM
I am sick of our services being sold off to private companies
- Jana kennedy MANCHESTER, ENG
I am fed up with this!!
- lesley de freitas ESSEX, ENG
Justice is now the preserve of the wealthy few. I will stand with all those in need. this rough shod treatment needs to end now.
- emma harris-coyne WISBECH, ENG
I'm a single working mum sick of having it made more difficult for me to work.
- Kirsty Hopley CARLISLE, ENG
Stop demonising single parents
- Nicole McCafferty ROSNEATH, SCT
I'm a single parent, and I have enough stress dealing with the 4 children I was abandoned with. Dealing with accusing letters could possibly tip me over the edge.
- Gill Eddy WILBURTON, UNITED KINGDOM
I used to be a single parent and it was only tax credits that kept our family going.
- Erin Morris WELLS, UNITED KINGDOM
Single parents have a hard enough job without the extra stress and unnecessary trauma situations like this bring.
- Jean Buckland LONDON, ENG
Respect for people. Being a single parent is not a crime!
- Cressida Downing WATERBEACH, ENG
this is punitive
- Alison Doughty SOUTHPORT, ENG
Government have gone mad!!!!!
- Elizabeth Gordon LONDON, ENG
This is quite frightening and an indication of the systematic degradation of the most vulnerable by the most powerful.
- Helen Parry MANCHESTER, ENG
I was a single parent.
- sean Scott CLEETHORPES, UNITED KINGDOM
To stand up for the rights of friends and families.
- Theresa Beattie LEEDS, UNITED KINGDOM
I was a single parent for many years and understand what financial struggle means.
- Nicola blakeman WARWICK, ENG
This society has become corrupted by people who value money and possessions over humanity .
- Laura Woodroffe CROYDON, ENG
If private firms are going to do this kind of work they need to abide by good practice guidelines regardless of what 'targets' they are trying to hit in order to make a profit
- Sarah Laird SWINDON, ENG
Not all single parents are single by choice. Not all understand the system. Stop being so demanding and degrading.
- Matt Penfold BONCATH, WLS
The HMRC should not be bullying people.
- Taylor jew SHEFFIELD, ENG
This is completely immoral.
- Caroline Bolingbroke PAIGNTON, ENG
Because it's hard enough for single parents without being put under even more stress.
- Melina Lafirenze ST NEOTS, ENG
I put people before profits.
- Laura Windsor-Welsh ROCHDALE, UNITED KINGDOM
Im signing this petition because this organisation clearly does not understand the responsibilities associated with delivering public services to vulnerable groups and I believe is contributing to further child poverty
- Barry Mullan NORTHAMPTONSHIRE, ENG
There are more human ways of ensuring fraudulent a claims are not being made.
- Mariam Bashua LONDON, ENG
I am a single parent who went through this.
- Jenny Thatcher BROMSGROVE, ENG
I am a single parent who relies on tax credits. I haven't received one of these letters (yet?) but I can fully imagine how distressing it would be.
- Kirsty Matlock PLYMOUTH, UNITED KINGDOM
It's a disgusting way to treat single parents
- Alexis Payne FROME, UNITED KINGDOM
I am a single parent, and have been victimised by the dwp and know what it is like.
- juliette mcelligott SEATON, ENG
i have experienced the same treatment!
- Jojo Norris ROYAL LEAMINGTON SPA, ENG
I know family tax credits are a vital life line to most single mothers and their children.
- kelly edwards BRISTOL, UNITED KINGDOM
I am a single parent and struggling on low income and massive mortgage...I get working tax credits and child tax credits. I recieved this letter and the stress and worry was awful. Unfair
- Julie Kast TOTNES, ENG
Fed up of people on low wages being disciminated against. Stop treating them like scroungers and crimminals.
- Claire cumberlidge NORWICH, UNITED KINGDOM
it is horrific that vulnerable people are threatened in this way.
- Lorna Coupland BIRMINGHAM, UNITED KINGDOM
This firm makes a profit out of harrassing vulnerable people. How can anybody think that's okay?
- John Corlett DOVER, UNITED KINGDOM
My daughter is going through hell with them at the moment because of false claims that she had someone living with her she had her credits frozen.
- Megan Cox LINCOLN, ENG
It is unfair to ask people to prove this in such a way.
- katherine corlett DOVER, UNITED KINGDOM
The company are currently forcing me out of work and coursing extreme stress. With out supportive family there would of been times I wouldnt of been able to eat as a direct result of this company
- nora young BIRMINGHAM, ENG
Being a single parent is hard enough without your income being reduced by a company tasked with bringing down the benefits bill. Single parents didn't cause the financial crisis. They should not be the ones punished
- Claire Pritchard NEWQUAY, UNITED KINGDOM
People should not be threatened and scared into providing details to an outsourced company and treated like a criminal
- Stella Goddard WORCESTER, ENG
Do you actually want to dissentivise single parents from working? Stop jerking your knees or just being jerks be pragmatic
- Nathalie Marshall SWINDON, UNITED KINGDOM
I believe in innocent until proven guilty
- Pam Alderton GLOSSOP, ENG
I'm sick and tired of the way people are being treated.
- Wendy Dennis HACKNEY, ENG
I am signing this because being a single parent is tough enough and they need to stop treating people who need support as if they are shit.
- crystal Steinberg BIDEFORD, ENG
Because this is utterly unacceptable.
- Valerie Quinn BEDFORD, ENG
I was a single parent, children now grown-up and left home, for which I am now 'Bedroom Taxed'. It was hard enough when mine were young, but at least I didn't have to keep proving that I was entitled to benefits and hadn't done anything wrong.
- Barbara Rogers BRACKNELL, UNITED KINGDOM
I feel like I have been treated like some sort of criminal because im a single parent. A years worth of bank statement that I have to pay postage on. Do we have any human rights if you claim tax credits. Next there will be cameras in our home and checking your knicker draw, shame on you HMRC
- PAUL COLLINS MENSTRIE, UNITED KINGDOM
- nicola malam CREWE, UNITED KINGDOM about 1 month ago
It's wrong and its bullying it's frightening lots of single parents.
- vicky-leanne singer CREETON, UNITED KINGDOM about 1 month ago
These capitalist thugs need to be stopped!
- Angela Rodgers STOCKSBRIDGE, UNITED KINGDOM about 1 month ago
I'm signing because I'm tired of single mothers being targeted, and the natural assumption that we're guilty even though we haven't done anything. Don't hear about any other group being targeted, just us moms and widows. It's plain harassment at the end of the day. My physical state has worsened due to stress. They could have handled the need for information considerably better.
- Yasmin Mohamud LONDON UK, ENG about 1 month ago
I am signing because I am a victim threat me fake invented accusation which terrorised me
- By cutting off the payment.
- alison bradford SOUTHEND ON SEA, ENG about 1 month ago
Completely demonstrates that the government are out of touch with the real world. It is hard enough being a single parent without being accused and victimised. Completely insulting and intrusive - what a disgraceful way to treat people!
- Anna Miklis BLACKPOOL, UNITED KINGDOM about 1 month ago
I'm lone parent since 12 years but I am not lying if I need help
- louise linley BLACKBURN, UNITED KINGDOM about 1 month ago
It is disguisting what they r doing to familys and the distress it is causing when they stop payments
- DORITHY MENSAH LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM about 1 month ago
THE CONCENTRIX HMRC IS BULLYING SINGLE PARENTS AND THE GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO CLOSE THEM DOWN.HOW CAN YOU USE A NAME ON A BILL TO DETERMINE WHETHER THE PERSON IS SINGLE OR NOT.A LOT OF PEOPLE MOVING HOUSES EVERY MINUTE. THEY NEED TO BE MATURE.
- Helga Akitt ST LEONARD'S ON SEA, ENG about 1 month ago
I have had my tax credits suspended because they say i haven't contacted them within 30 days of receiving their letter! I have in fact contacted them,sent my bank ststements and utility bills! They are incompetent and have left me extremely distressed and wondering how I'm going to provide for my disabled daughter. They say they have evidence I may have a partner living with me which is rubbish as I have been living alone with my daughter for 5 years. They will not however share this so called evidence with me but are happy to suspend my tax credits even though I have given them the evidence they required.
- Serene Jamil LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
I'm signing because I received two letters in less then 2 months threatening me they have evidence i have a partner living with me, and I need to provide documents to proof I'm a single parent. Very upsetting when I suffered 5 years of abuse , all alone raising a child with special needs. This needs to stop and we should be treated with respect and honour. We are humans as well we want to live our lives peacefully and happily, we don't want to suffer with stress and anxiety it's enough .
- Nadja Pollard EVESHAM, ENG
I'm a single parent and I am sick of being made to feel like a non-citizen
- karl cooper RAWMARSH, UNITED KINGDOM
I have been subject to this companys ridiculous and down appaling behaviour.. and un profossional.. like many others i received a letter saying i may have a partner living with me... which i dont... and never want lol... i sent all my original documents by recorded delivery 2 months of phone calls and still they hav done nothing.. i suspected they had lost my documents which i find out they hav.... they lost them i hav proof they received. . But the best parts coming they suspended my money.. causing harm to my kids and my... this company is a joke and given powers they clearly are not mature and sensible to handle.... they need taking out of practice... permanently ....
- Stephen Townsend NOTTINGHAM, ENG
This is haracement and unnecessary. The savings will be minimal and distress enormous. Another abuse of children in UK caused by a department of the public sector.
- Linda Hall BRISTOL, ENG
Concentrix are incompetent on a grand level.They say that they have evidence that I have another adult living with me and 'invite' me to make a joint claim. If I don't then they will stop my credits. They name my brother as the adult hence me concluding that not only are they incompetent but that they are unfit to carry out the task given them in a proper and legal manner. The letter was disgusting! It assumed that I needed to make a joint claim and was extremely accusatory. When I eventually got through they could not grasp what I was saying. I am lucky tohave the support of my family but for those people who do not the way the letter is worded goes completely against HMRC code of conduct and it does cause considerable distress.
- Anne Darroch RENFREWSHIRE, UNITED KINGDOM
Surely this is mis-use of data protection.
- Kathryn Allen STEWARTON, UNITED KINGDOM
I would like to ensure vulnerable single parents are not victimised and that all parents, single or otherwise, who are entitled to and who claim tax credits are correctly informed of all the facts they require regarding the system.
- Rachel Gray NEWARK, UNITED KINGDOM
I was targeted wrongly by Concentrix and they have lost my bank statements and caused me a great deal of worry and distress.
- Tonia Burris CHESHUNT, UNITED KINGDOM
I disagree with the process. The review should focus on the single parent providing documentary evidence that is likely to confirm there status rather than using such strong language to insinuate that they are living with a partner and therefore wrongly claiming tax credits.
- Nessa McCasey GRAND RAPIDS, MI
I remember being a single parent. It's shameful to target people in general, but single parents especially. Shame on you for this mean-spirited process, with undue fear and punishment.
- elizabeth boardman DOVER, UNITED KINGDOM
I'm having unpleasant dealing with them
- Shirralee Mcpherson CASTLEFORD, UNITED KINGDOM
I too received a threatening letter from consentrex back in February im totally disgusted the stress it caused I had a panic attack on the phone when I asked what it was about luckily my sister finished the call because I was shaking they said they had different names for the address but im the fist Tennant there its a new build so I was very confused still am and now my documents are back with another letter they want to talk about my credit claim so I phoned they didn't want to know so I hope together we can stop all this needles stress us parents have enough to do in are lives just trying to get by
- Penny Turner BOURNEMOUTH, UNITED KINGDOM
It happened to me years ago when I was working very hard full time, claiming child care charges for a young child and it is something I will never forget (2 HMRC people came to my home to interview me like I was some sort of criminal and they asked the most ridiculous questions - HMRC were found to be in the wrong!). So when I received the nasty letter from Concentrix recently, I became extremely distressed. I too have never received and apology from Concentrix who named my son as my partner! Concentrix, a subsidiary of Synex a Fortune 500 USA company with turnover of billions - disgraceful!
- jo DIXon TAVISTOCK, UNITED KINGDOM
this happened to me and it was hideously stressful when i really did not need it.
- Helen Selwood NEWENT, ENG
This is wicked.
- Lucy Barratt YELVERTON, ENG
It's d to me, and at an already stressful time it made life even more stressful.
- Holly Sheldon LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
because it is unnecessary to use threatening tones to ask for information. It is HARD bringing up children as a lone parent (as I can vouch) and we should be treated equally to others in terms of respect. Save the aggressive tone for the bankers (and some politicians) who cheat the system
- J Moore SANDRIDGE, UNITED KINGDOM
This happened to me, I received no appolgy which i think I deserved
- Rita Griffiths NEW BRIGHTON, UNITED KINGDOM
Everyone is entitled to an income. Lone parents should not be forced to be financially dependent on a partner as the current welfare rules require.
- Charmaine Perry LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
I have been falsely accused of having someone living with me. I don't even have a boyfriend. It's highly insulting that these scare tactics are being used on innocent single parents who have enough stress to deal with
- garth hessey PORTSMOUTH, UNITED KINGDOM
I have been contacted by them and they clearly haver no concept of evidence or dealing with customers treating you as a criminal
- Yolanda Martin LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
They have sent the letter to me and i just wrote them a letter back explaining if they need any documentation or other information they are to write to me with more information about the problem or contacting Job Center who monitor me and my benefit claims
- Chandra Wilby BRISTOL, ENG
This is so unfair - targeting a vulnerable group.
- rachael evans LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
I am a single parent and I know what it is like to be treated unfairly because you are single raising a child
- colleen waters WARWICKSHIRE, ENG
and why does Concentrix have absolutely NO DETAILS about you except for your name and address.....are they creating a database from scratch ? If so is there approach even legal ?
- Sarah Lisovsky ESSEX, UNITED KINGDOM
this has affected me and force me bck into a unhappy marriage with no ex scape.
- Also it's affected a friend of mine who has bad anxiety s cronic condition which is worsened by stress . It's horrible enough she is a chronically ill single mother struggling with no help but to victimise and bully her into proving she is innocent makes my blood boil.,, these private companies are aggressive and nasty in the way they deal with people. Yes fraudsters need being caught but not every single mother is fake or scum some are just in unfortunate situation ...
- Moestak Hussein BRISTOL, UNITED KINGDOM
I think its a crime against basic human rights and incriminating single parents across the country.
- Susan Scott BARKING, UNITED KINGDOM
I believe this practice is wrong
- Adam Sauerteig WORTHING, UNITED KINGDOM
I am a single parent and would not like done to me or anybody else. It's not acceptable!
- Nicola Church HORNCHURCH, ENG
I received this letter and I have had to incur extra costs to purchase a printer and postage costs. Most of my bills are online.
- marcela dobi BRISTOL, UNITED KINGDOM
I'm a single parent too, it's already hard as it is!!
- wendy savage CHRISTCHURCH, ENG
I'm fed up with being treated like a criminal or scum when I'm doing my best it's just never good enough.
- Dawn Matthews BRIGHTON, UNITED KINGDOM
A friend of mine received one of these letters and it has taken ages to sort out, with her Tax credits being suspended while it was. I have also received a bulling letter from Concentrix asking for 9 months worth of wage slips to prove I only work 16 hours a week.
- Elisa Bygrave RINGWOOD, ENG
I have been messed about by concentrix for nearly 3 months over my working tax credits. I can never get a straight answer out of them, all I get is lies. I have sent in the correct paperwork only for them to keep saying that I'm not working enough hours. I am working 16 hrs a week, I am a single parent to 3 kids. My manager has even written to them confirming I work 16 hrs per week but they still won't reinstate my claim. Why not?! Why have HRMC employed such an incapable company? A company that is stressing and worrying families like myself for nothing.
- All I want is for my working tax credits to be reinstated so I can actually start living again and not be worried that the next knock on the door is from the bailiffs because I have fallen behind on my bills thanks to this stupid company.
- Hannah Pantel CHRISTCHURCH, UNITED KINGDOM
I am signing because I have received one of these letters even though my ex is not on the electrol role at this address but is at his address and that he has used this address as a mail address before he had a permanent fixed abode I am being told he living with me which he isn't ( my worst nightmare to be living with him again as I was abused)
- Karen Evans SWANSEA, WLS
I too have received a letter from concentrix accusing me of living with someone. I have lived alone since my divorce, they have not listed who I am supposed to be living with! I work over 40 hours a week and receive child tax credit, the whole situation has caused so much stress the past few weeks It's just totally unfair. I have brought my five children up alone whilst working full time to provide for them. I forwarded three years bank statements bills and everything that was requested plus more. It cost £8 to send, I have received all my documents returned but awaiting a final decision. Once this is sorted I will be getting another job to earn my own money to support my children so I don't need to count on the government. They can continue to take the £400 taxes I pay each month and I will not be asking them for a penny. The whole situation is terrible and the letter is made me feel like a criminal. I will be taking this further.
- Emma Rodgers RINGWOOD, UNITED KINGDOM
I received a letter from concentrix saying they have evidence I don't live alone, but they will not tell me what this evidence is so that I can prove it's incorrect.
- sian burgess ROSS-ON-WYE, UNITED KINGDOM
I have been through this ordeal myself
- Carolyn Holbrook ROSS-ON-WYE, ENG
Having just been through this myself totally agree that I was made to feel extremely vulnerable and was very frightened for mine and my son's future. We livd a very precarious existence as it is without being made to feel like this by HMRC and Concentrix
- Laura Hartman LONDON, ENG
Here is yet another example of this government wasting tax payers’ money on inept and unprofessional third parties to further their cause of splitting our country into us and them. Could I suggest HMRC spends more time tracking down the billions in avoided tax and leave single parents to get on with the task of raising the next generation of tax payers. It’s laughable a government could be SO foolish; laughable that is if it wasn’t actively ruining so many people’s lives with their inability to understand what real life is like for the 99%. Single parents have quite enough to deal with without inventing more government policy to try to make them look as much like scroungers as possible. I work full time and I am paid a reasonable salary. My rent takes 75% of that salary and my childcare another 45% on top – so more than my total salary before I’ve even paid travel, food, utilities etc. As a single mother I do exactly what the government expects from me – never see my young child for more than an hour a day – and it’s STILL not enough for them…
- Simi Osude ILFORD, UNITED KINGDOM
I am signing because I am a single parent and I support this petition of tax credit. I recently applied for this and I have been told to bring lots of documents to prove am genuine. I have just sent this documents back to them yesterday and I am awaiting response.
- Tracy Pollard BRIGHTON, UNITED KINGDOM
Single parents struggle enough without further sanctions!
- helen scouler MALVERN, ENG
Because I felt harrassed by the letter.
- joanna gurr BRIGHTON, ENG
I REPRESENT SINGLE PARENTS IN BRIGHTON AND KNOW HOW DIFFICULT IT IS TO BRING UP A FAMILY AND USUALLY WITHOUT ANY MAINTENANCE AT ALL FROM THEIR EX PARTNER ANYTHING NOT BEING HANDLED SENSITIVELY IS TO MY MIND UNACCEPTABLE AS THEY ALREADY STRUGGLE WITH LIMITED TIME ENERGY AND MONEY
- Sonia Segovia STOKE POGES, UNITED KINGDOM
I am signing because I can only imagine the trauma this is causing to those it has affected. As a single parent myself I know the struggles, juggles and and problems that arise from being on your own and trying your best to raise children in this society.
- Melissa McGovern HAREFIELD, UNITED KINGDOM
I'm signing because tax credits is a disorganized nightmare, further fears really. Aren't necessary or fair
- sharon haward HASTINGS, UNITED KINGDOM
there appears to be one rule for the rich (take take take) and one for the poor (humilate humiliate humiliate) is it the role fo a govenerment to serve everyone in the country or just themselves and their privilaged and wealthy friends ?
- Jacqueline Jarrett BRISTOL, UNITED KINGDOM
As previously a single parent for many years I would not appreciate my honesty questioned in claiming benefits for which I am entitled
- Karen Bray BATH, UNITED KINGDOM
Of course it is right to check that people are claiming rax credits correctly. But I am concerned to hear that you are using companies which employ distressing tactics, such as claiming or implying they have evidence of wrongdoing when that is not the case. Please ensure that any firms you subcontract to are following good practice guidelines.
- Rhiannon Ballin PEACEHAVEN, ENG
I'm a single parent and feel we are being unfairly discriminated against.
- Rhona Sherman GRANGEMOUTH, UNITED KINGDOM
I am a single parent and have been all of my sons 14 years. I havent had one of these letters yet but if I do I will be going straight to my local mp.
- susan murphy STEVENAGE, ENG
Iam a single parent and if I had a choice I wouldn't claim benefits but I don't!!!
- Karen Wood TEYNHAM, ENG
This happened to me
- Muneerah Dubidat SMETHWICK, ENG
It is not right that anyone is treated in this manner.
- Lisa Lownds WORTHING, UNITED KINGDOM
Im a single parent who claims tax credits who is on her own without my boyfrind living with me and wouldnt survive if didnt have that little extra coming in
- Irina Bondariuk BRISTOL, UNITED KINGDOM
I am signing because its true please don't put any unneessesary prejudice pressure on vulnerable single parents their life is tuff n stressful enough
- Antony Bevington CAMBORNE, ENG
We live in a controlling regime already
- Amber pm LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
I'm signing the petition because I've been through this accusing scrutiny recently and I can understand how humiliating and frustrating it can be.
- Paula Catherine Tynan SUDBURY,SUFFOLK, UNITED KINGDOM
I am a single parent who didn't set out to be, we are not criminals, I have been on my own for over 3 yrs now and have no partner and two of my sons have autism. Don't tar everyone HMRC.
- nina stiff YATE, ENG
I have been sent this letter and it caused me alot of distress
- Kate Hayler SURREY, ENG
I am a single parent and there is no way I could survive without Tax Credits!
- jon smith LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
Im a single parent and i have experienced how nasty they can be.
- Helen Dearnley LINCOLN, UNITED KINGDOM
It's an abuse of human rights, dignity and privacy, while tax dodging banks and CEOs get away with corruption - stop attacking and financially abusing the poor!
- David Waring COBHAM, UNITED KINGDOM
I am a single parent to two boys.
- Caroline Walker BACKWELL, UNITED KINGDOM
I have had one of these letters claiming "evidence" against me. The tone was clearly threatening, with several pages of information on the penalties that could follow. I did find it stressful and worrying. I was required to provide extensive documentary evidence to prove my innocence of this claim, which in itself I found worrying - I was being required to give a lot of personal information to an organisation that I don't feel I can trust with it, raising concerns for me about identity theft. The telephone operative was friendly and told me that Concentrix have been called in due to a huge backlog in data checking so this "evidence" they claim is likely based on data that is years old - a name of a previous owner of my house still having some record of being at the address.
- kenyasue smart LONDON, ME
Harrassment and goes against their code of practice
- Amanda Smedley SOMERCOTES, UNITED KINGDOM
I am a single mum
- denise vaughan STOKE ON TRENT, ENG
parents are single parents through one party not being there, the party hat has less or no responsibility. If cildren need 2 parents, as we usually told, then the job of a single parent is doubly important and doubly hard. Therefore, they should have MORE, not less, support including in taxation
- Jan Kumar CROYDON, UNITED KINGDOM
Ultimately, it is the children who will suffer. Single parents and their children are entitled to be treated with dignity. Is it even lawful to freeze much-needed income payments whilst the single parent jumps through hoops to prove his or her status? The majority affected will be female. Non-paying absent fathers would be up in arms if the CSA didn't bend over backwards to accommodate their needs.
- Mark Smithson WORKSOP, UNITED KINGDOM
HMRC are only going after soft targets who are frightened into paying what they owe however the big money is left to avoid and evade tax which would more than pay for the deficit and probably more, trillions per year are left uncollected while the poor weak and vulnerable are out it off business, scared and humiliated by the over zealous tax collector
- N A SUTTON, ENG
I am supporting this petition that the Concentrix Corporation respect the peoples privacy and family life in accordance to the Article 8 of the human rights act 1989 - The right to private and family life.
- derek amory LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
Concentrix Corporation is an American company & part of the criminal elite. How & why was it given the contract to bully on behalf of HMRC?
- Sarah Conlon BRISTOL, ENG
I'm a single parent and this has happened to me recently.
- Katherine Mann BRISTIL, ENG
It discriminates against those in need of support, it is unfair and places added stress on those who are often already struggling. Most people claiming tax credits are living in poverty and this action discriminates against them. I don't think those are more affluent would be treated this way.
- sharon lloyd LONDON, BRITISH INDIAN OCEAN TERRITORY
i have been called in for fraud before & I had all my evidence to prove they we're wrong, its not a nice thing being accussed of something you haven't done.
- Samantha Jeffrey HULL, UNITED KINGDOM
I received one of these letters and I've had to send off 10 months worth of bank statements to prove I'm single!
- tracey hirst ASHTON-UNDER-LYNE, ENG
single parents like myself get treated like dirt yet 2 parent families get the easy life.
- Deborah Newman LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
Im a single parent who has been targeted
- Carmen Stevens SOUTH SHIELDS, UNITED KINGDOM
I received one of those letters. I apparently have a female partner living with me. They say they have evidence! really??? please show me!!!
- Think I know who lives in my house
- Dominique Payne BICESTER, ENG
I'm sick of seeing the poorest people in the country bullied, while corporations that evade tax are encouraged to do so.
- Kay Murphy KENT, UNITED KINGDOM
I'm sick of this government hiring American companies to harry the most vulnerable in this country whilst making sure the rich don't pay tax.