Cupcake 1972

Hi, I have just told my husband that I want to separate and he's not happy but it's going ahead. Our 4 children aged 16,14,10 and 4 are ok with it and our son (16) will live with hubby whilst I have the 3 girls.  We have no money saved so am finding it very difficult to move out.  We are currently in a council house but neither of us can afford the deposit for a rental property.  What can I do? xxx

Posted on: July 22, 2014 - 10:18pm
Sally W
Parenting specialist DoppleMe

Hello Cupcake 1972 and welcome along to One Space.

You could try your local Housing Authority to see if they have any deposit schemes in your area, You could also contact Shelter for advice.

Why do you have to move out? could you not stay there with your girls and hubby find somewhere to stay with your son, it would be cheaper and easier to rent a private two bed place than a three!

Posted on: July 23, 2014 - 7:52am