Hi my names G. I'm new to this so I don't really know what i'm doing ha. I'm a single mom of a little girl aged 1 soon to be 2. Since my daughters been born we have had no help from her 'dad'. We have also been living with my mom, but its time to move out now. So basically I am on this page for any help if anybody knows as to how I go about private renting, or if there is anywhere like the job center, connextions etc, that can put me in the right path.

Thankyou to anybody who has read this.Smile

Note from Moderator i have deleted your name as we like to keep everyone anonomous.

Posted on: January 21, 2013 - 10:50am
Sally W
Parenting specialist DoppleMe

Hi gracecasey and welcome along to One Space, i am sure others will be along shortly to welcome you too and impart any suggestions they have as to where you can get some support with trying to find somewhere to rent.

Firstly i would recommend contacting your Local Councils Housing department as they will have a list of recommended landlords or Housing Associations, you could check out local newspapers as they often have places for rent in the back of them.

You maybe able to get your name on the local housing register so that you can be eligable to bid for council housing as the rents are cheaper than privately rented places, The council should be able to tell you how to go about that.

Posted on: January 21, 2013 - 8:38pm