Posted on: August 20, 2013 - 5:59pm

hi im new and dont know where to turn. i have left serveral times do to my ex drinking and getting abusive. he now sending me olicitors letter for contact as social services have advised to end contact. im worried sick about going to court . will he get access? im worried about her safety as he drinks that much some nights he still drunk the following day till gone dinner!! dont get me wrong he loves his little girl and is a good father. he also a lovely person sober. i have tried for years to make him see he has a drink problem but he dont think he has one. justifys everything he does in drink and im the control freak that trying tell him what do !!! any advise welcome . thanks

Posted on: August 20, 2013 - 6:40pm

She Ra

Hi honey from what your saying it sounds to me like 'if' it did go to court he may get supervised acess if you have children's servises on your side that's a good thing 

you will get great support her sure someone will be along with better advice 

take care x

Posted on: August 20, 2013 - 6:45pm


thanks imdoingthis. i could write a book seriously xx

Posted on: August 20, 2013 - 6:58pm


he thinks he the victim cause he has had daughter taken away from him. he cannot and will not see its his own doing. a domestic violence team have been out to see me and made me realise just how much domestic violence i have recieved. phyically and mentally. i used to such a strong independant person. feel like nothing now and my little girl the only thing keep me going 

Posted on: August 20, 2013 - 7:01pm

Parenting specialist DoppleMe

Hello Jennyjj10 and welcome along. it sounds to me as if you have a lot of people and "clout" on your side, which will bode well in any contact dispute so sit tight on that one, and take advice from the authorities.

You have had some advice from the DV team, can I ask whether you have done the Freedom Programme? We have an online version on here for free, click to see.

Posted on: August 21, 2013 - 6:47am