This site uses cookies, your continued use implies you agree with our cookie policy.

Child Benefit

Child Benefit

You can claim Child Benefit if:

  • You are responsible for a child/children under 16 years old
  • You are responsible for a child/children over 16 who continues into full time education/training
  • Only one person can claim Child Benefit.
  • You must report any change of circumstances to the Child Benefit Office.
  • If your income is over £50,000 you may have to pay a Tax charge

For information on Child Benefit with regards to complaints, appeals, if you leave the UK or have just arrived, plus much more visit the Gov.UK site.

Further benefits advice is available from the Citizens Advice Bureau.

< Back to Benefits